Tuesday, November 28, 2017

A day in the life


Woke up, Got out of Bed, Dragged a Comb across my Head.

Then went out into my dojo.

 


 I ran Sanchin and Seiunchin kata.

Then I decided to work on Tomari No Rohai a bit.

It is strange, when I think about it,
No Association, no instructor, no reason but my own drive.
 I never studied the form from an instructor,
Rather with a little help from my friends,
I taught it to myself, or rather what I understood the form was about.
 Now I am listening to what my body tells me.
Retaining as much of what I originally studied as I can,
And making a few changes for what I cannot do.
The form appeals to me.
Especially the way the single knuckle strike
Begins it’s descent from a nukite strike.
 My only interest remaining as effective as I can be.
Not to share with others,
Just for myself.
 A chance to remain martially effective.
 
That is what the dojo is about.

No comments: