Friday, December 9, 2016

From Chinto to Aiki Jujutsu

So I was taking a break about uses for the Chinto X block and decided to randomly look at a use of Atemi (shocking striking) in Aikijutsu and guess what showed up?
 












 
 
All of the basic movements being used are also in my Indonesian and aikido studies. Interesting find.
 
** No doubt I am focused on motion potential, in Isshinryu and anywhere.
 
I was shown the movements from basic tjimande training 35 years ago, and have practiced them and shared them with my advanced students for years. And some of the applications for those movements are similar to this. (also similar to aikido, natch). But the one fatal flaw I have, is too often having an answer, and a good answer, I have stopped because I had that answer, as much in my Isshinryu and my other studies. Often it took decades to shake other possibilities loose.
 
This is one such example, The more dynamic employment of those moves is yet another such example. Day by day, I seek to learn a little more. Some day I may succeed.


No comments: