Wednesday, May 20, 2015

When I was famous, partially in Karate Illustrated



Of course you have to look fast. But long ago Lewis Sensei was asked to provide a breaking demonstration in  Baltimore for a  full contact championship fight which was organized by Arron Banks. It was mostly my seniors and they needed a body, no not to break but to hold another of my seniors. I was asked to participate.

 

What my part in the demonstration was I assisted hold up Al Baliey for a concrete break on his stomach. The other person was Reese Rigby. And Dennis Lockwood was standing on a chair with a sledgehammer.

 

In this photo you can see my hand and my blue belt. You don’t get more famous than that.

 

The article follows.





 
Of course I never sought immortalization in the magazines. Guess I was lucky? LOL

No comments: