Wednesday, August 21, 2013

Sherman on Changes


Victor

The way I view this is it doesn't make any difference to me if he changed or forgot the kata, it is ear marked  Isshin~Ryu.

I will not change the kata because it works quite well for me and as you have seen I have no problem applying techniques from the way Sensei taught it.

Instead of trying to make excuses for the style and changing it all they need to do is understand the system they are in. People have changed things from the start of time, as it will change some form teacher to student. I really doubt that any student can say they teach everything exactly the same as their teacher without some change. Hell I know I don't, most from lack of time with Sensei and the other is Sherman Harrill's development.

I am saying all of this because I am a first generation student loyal to my sensei as you are to yours and to the system of Isshin~Ryu.

Sherm

No comments: